UFS Vice-Dean Vacancies 2023 All New Vacancies in University of Free State. UFS Recruitment 2023 in South Africa. Check Government Vacancies Updates on this site with Current UFS Jobs 2023 News.
UFS Vacancies Update 2023 All New Vacancies in University of Free State
If you are searching for information about the jobs coming out in the UFS, then there is good news for you that through this page we are going to give information about the complete list of recruitment in the UFS.
According to the new notification updated by the University of Free State on its website, applications have been sought in the UFS for the post of Vice-Dean and various. Interested candidates can fill their application form according to their qualification before the last date for this UFS recruitment 2023.
Information Related to the UFS Vacancies 2023
We have provided all the information related to the UFS Vacancies 2023 below. After reading all the information carefully, fill your form for University of Free State Vacancies 2023.
|Name of Recruitment||UFS Recruitment 2023|
|Name of The Job Profile||Vice-Dean: Teaching and Learning|
|Job Type||Full Time / Part Time|
|Salary||Different As Per Profile|
|Job Category||Bloemfontein, Free State Government Jobs 2023|
|Last Date||12 January 2024|
UFS Vacancies 2023 List of Available Jobs
Here below, we have prepared a complete list of jobs available in the UFS and set it in the table. You can read the complete job description by selecting the relevant job profile according to your qualification and can also apply by visiting the www.ufs.ac.za Vacancies 2023 career page of the official website.
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may be submitted only online through the official UFS vacancy website: https://ufs.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Duties and responsibilities
• Take co-responsibility with the dean to ensure the achievement of the mission of all faculty-based programmes and initiatives.
• Lead the Teaching and Learning (T&L) portfolio of the faculty by guiding T&L policies, teaching approaches, digitalisation, and innovation in the field to ensure the smooth running of all T&L activities.
• Provide guidance with respect to strategic and visionary T&L matters such as course and curriculum development, teaching innovation and hybrid teaching methodologies.
• Ensure that the General Rules and Regulations of the UFS as well as HUM rules relating to the academic programmes are adhered to, updated where needed and communicated to all staff in HUM.
• Liaise with top management through the dean, especially with the Vice-Rector: Academic, CTL, SAS, and DIRAP.
• Continuously assessing new T&L needs from the related market, students, and the government.
• Take co-responsibility with the T&L manager of HUM for leading the T&L committee and all initiatives in the field of T&L.
• Attend all UFS T&L-related meetings, formal and informal.
• Ensure the application of the quality assurance framework to all T&L matters in the different departments.
• Spearhead curriculum renewal and innovation in the faculty.
• Coordinate the initiation of short learning programmes.
Inherent Job Requirements
• A Doctoral degree on NQF Level 10, within a discipline of the Humanities.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience on management level.
• Proven experience in forming networks and linkages with industry.
• Proven experience in supervision of master’s-degree and PhD students.
• Proven evidence of publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
• Must be appointable as an Associate or full Professor at the University of the Free State.
• Proven experience in the leadership of Teaching and Learning, such as curriculum development, design and
renewal, and assessment.
• A deep understanding of policies and rules relating to T&L.
• A fair understanding of the HEQSF, SAQA and DHET rules and requirements and the development of new
• Evidence of curriculum development and innovations and staff development within his/her faculty/ department
in relation to new strategies and innovation.
• Evidence of the implementation of a composite strategic plan for T&L in his/her faculty/ department.
• Knowledge of the functioning of the executive committee of a faculty.
• Evidence of inter-faculty and inter-department collaborations.
• Knowledge about identifying, training, and developing leaders in the faculty and setting them on a path for management.
• A deep understanding of national and international trends in current, new and emerging modalities of
improving Teaching and Learning in higher education.
Key Competencies Required:
o Ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
o Ability to be reliable, responsible and dependable and to fulfil obligations.
o Analytical problem-solving skills with impeccable attention to detail.
• Strategic thinking:
o Ability to be creative and open-minded when addressing work issues.
o Ability to carefully analyse information and use logic to address issues and problems at work.
• Business acumen:
o Ability to ensure quality management of programme delivery.
o The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
o Ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
o Ability to be cooperative with others; display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
o Ability to set an overall strategy and drive process improvement.
• Building coalitions:
o Ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
o Ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration and working with close supervision.
o Established leadership and team-building capacity.
o Demonstrated ability to negotiate, collaborate, communicate and facilitate in complex environments.
o The ability to build relationships with and between faculty and staff.
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application.
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.
• Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications).
• A copy of your identity document (ID or passport in the case of foreign nationals).
• Proof of registration with a professional body (if applicable).
• A copy of your driver’s licence (if applicable).
• Confirmation of employment from current employer/last employer if unemployed (only applicable to external applicants).
How to Apply at UFS Careers Portal ?
- Above, a complete list of the jobs currently available in the UFS has been prepared and set in the table.
- You click on the View and Apply button given next to the respective job profile.
- After this, create an account from your mobile or email address and fill your form online.
- If the process of applying the form is offline or by email, then send your form to the relevant address or email address.
Get More Jobs :-
- Government Vacancies in South Africa,
- Eastern Cape Government Vacancies,
- Free State Government Vacancies,
- Gauteng Government Vacancies,
- KwaZulu-Natal Government Vacancies,
- Limpopo Government Vacancies,
- Mpumalanga Government Vacancies,
- North West Government Vacancies,
- Northern Cape Government Vacancies,
- Western Cape Government Vacancies